Monday, October 25, 2010

Busy Weekend





Due to it being a really cold and wet weekend, I decided to stay in and make up some stock (as well as look after sick bay patient - Nic, who is down with a dose of 'flu.) I started with a plan/program and diverted myself as is usual, and did nothing on the program - I made up more samples and slept about 5 hours in total over the weekend after getting really carried away! I convinced Nic to leave his bed last night to be my hand/arm model to get some photos on the internet (cost me R100 too!) Luckily Nic's leg not needed for photos, as on one of his few ventures out of bed in the last few days, he managed to stab himself good and proper in the leg with his throwing knife??! Casualty, stitches and injections followed! Gives new meaning to the phrase "throwing yourself on your sword!

Anyway, I will attach some photos to show this weekend's offerings. I just wish I had the studio and factory guys to help out as I seem to have a lot more ideas than skills!!

The really good news is that Devon Stewart will be joining us in Victoria Falls as of the end of this year. And to top that, his girlfriend, Tato, who is also a qualified jeweller and gemologist, is coming as well - sooo.. we shall soon have a real dearth of creative minds and fresh blood in the Ndau team. Great to see young talent coming back to Zim!

Will sign off now and hope to hear from the Vic Falls crew (and photos too!) soon.
Gail

No comments: